- The customer accepts all responsibility for injury, disfigurement, or death from use of rental equipment.
- The customer has the responsibility to check over equipment and to note any pre-existing problems before leaving with equipment.
- Posted written and visual materials explain the proper and safe use of the equipment as needed. This explanation is not a substitute for training from a certified professional.
- The Coug Bikes Manager reserves the right to refuse service.
- Customers are responsible for following the posted rules and regulations of riding a Coug Bike.
Late/Loss/Damages - Fees
- Fees will be assessed at $5 for locking a bike outside of a Coug Bikes rack location, and $25 for locking a bike outside of the system area (WSU Campus).
- The customer will have 10 business days to make full payment of fees from the date notified of fees. Delinquent fees will be charged to WSU Student Accounts, if applicable.
- After 60 days, late fees will cease to accrue. After 120 days the bike will be considered permanently missing and a $600 charge will be assessed.
- Access to Coug Bike usage will be revoked until all fees are paid.
- Equipment must be returned in working order and with all accessories or a fee will be assessed and charged.
- Any bike known to be stolen must have a police report filed by person who checked out the bike.
- Any loss or damage that is present on the equipment once it leaves the Coug Bike station is the responsibility of the customer.
- WSU students and current SRC or Chinook members are eligible to use the Coug Bike system for 4 hours of free ride time per day.
- Community members may use the Coug Bike system for $6/hour.