What could be better than starting your college career knowing you already have a community of friends at WSU? Perhaps building that community while backpacking or kayaking the summer before your first semester? We agree. That’s why we’re pleased to offer the First Tracks: Outdoor Orientation Program exclusively for incoming first-year students.
This program allows you to explore northwest wilderness areas, bond with a small group of your future classmates, develop skills with experienced leaders, and take on an exciting new adventure before embarking on the biggest adventure of all – college.
First Tracks helps you…
- Start making life-long friends before you start your first semester.
- Explore your new home, the Palouse, in new and exciting ways.
- Gain technical skills in backpacking or kayaking, camping, and backcountry cooking.
- Practice problem solving, collaboration and communication in safe, adventurous, and outdoor space.
- Reflect on who you are and who you want to be as a WSU Cougar and beyond.
- Meet experienced outdoor experts and learn more about what the WSU Outdoor Recreation Center has to offer.
We built this program to improve your WSU experience. We think spending time outside, with fellow new Cougs is a great way to start. Check out our FAQ page by clicking this link for more information about the program and details about the trips. If you have more questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, we don't have any activities matching the filtered options.
Click the suggestions below to broaden your search:
Tips on using Optional Search Words:
Specific multi-word PHRASES should be enclosed QUOTATION MARKS (Tour de Lentil becomes "Tour de Lentil")
Try separating or combining words with odd separations. (Try "kickboxing" instead of "kick boxing")