Sport Club Council
Applications for the 2016-2017 SCF Council are now available:
If you are interested in applying to serve on the 2016-2017 SCF Council, please complete the application here by no later than Monday, April 18th.
Applications will be reviewed by current members of the Council, and candidates will be notified by Wednesday, April 27, 2015.
Please contact Brandon Altenburg at 509-335-2786 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the application process or the Sport Club Federation Council.
2015-2016 SCF Council
SCF Council Duties
The Sport Club Federation Council (SCFC) is the student governing body of the Sport Club Federation made up of federation club members under the auspices of University Recreation.
- The SCFC represents the members clubs of the Sport Club Federation to the department and in all matters before the UREC Board regarding the Sport Club Federation.
- The SCFC assists the Sport Club Coordinators in representing the Sport Club Federation to the WSU administration.
- The SCFC works with the Sport Club Coordinators in developing policies and procedures for managing the Sport Club Federation.
- The SCFC serves as the recommending disciplinary board for the Sport Club Federation. The SCFC may hear complaints brought by club members against other club members, or rules violations by clubs or individuals within the club. The Council makes recommendations for resolution of interclub conflicts and gives recommendations for team sanctions for policy violations.
- The SCFC is responsible for recommending S&A allocations to the clubs of the Sport Club Federation.
- The SCFC directs the allocation of the contingency funds available for club support during the academic year.
- The SCFC works to support the clubs through media relations, special projects, and other forms of assistance.