Activities to look forward to this year at camp:
- Camper fitness classes like Zumba®, yoga, cross-training, and martial arts
- A trip to the world famous Ferdinand's Creamery
- A scavenger hunt through the Library
- Training on Leave No Trace ethics
- Field Day activities with WSU ROTC
- Leadership Skill Development with WSU Challenge
- Communication. Teambuilding, Conflict Navigation, and Problem Solving Activities
- Field trips to on and off campus locations.
- Weekly Parent/Camper activities such as fitness classes, challenge activities, and open house
- Opportunities to climb on the climbing wall in the Student Recreation Center
- Teambuilding and challenge activities on the challenge course
- Activities at various WSU locations
- Sports and Classic Camp Games
- Arts and Crafts
- And much, much more!!!
Friday Family and Camper Activities
Parents are welcome to join their camper in a fun and invigorating workout each Friday from 3:15 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. UREC instructors will lead a variety of high energy class formats that kids love including Zumba®, yoga for kids, and hip-hop! During week 6 at camp, we will have a family/camper climb on the high ropes course! No experience necessary—just bring your athletic shoes and enthusiasm!
After Camp Swimming Lessons
Discounted swimming lessons will be provided to campers enrolled in half day PM or full day camps each week. Campers will be taken to the pool after camp and receive instruction in American Red Cross swim lesson curriculum from certified Water Safety Instructors. After the swim lessons, campers will be returned to the camp checkout area. Swim lessons will run 4:20-4:50 p.m. and a second session from 4:50-5:20 p.m. and campers will be back at checkout by 5:30 p.m.
After Camp Climbing Program
Discounted instructional climbing wall courses will be provided to campers enrolled in half day PM or full day camps each week. Campers will be taken to the wall to receive the hour lesson and then returned to the camp checkout area by 5:20 p.m. Course will be split by age group with campers 4th grade and older going on Monday and Wednesdays, and 2nd and 3rd grade campers going on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week.
After Camp CrossFit Kids
Based on the principle of Mechanics, Consistency and then Intensity, CrossFit emphasizes good movement throughout childhood and adolescence. Consistently good mechanics translates to physical literacy, enhanced sports performance and fewer sports injuries for kids and teens. Not only that, a vast body of research indicates that exercise is beneficial to cognitive function, which means consistent adherence to the program can have a positive impact on children’s academic achievement. Discounted instructional programs will be offered Tuesdays and Thursdays each week for campers enrolled in half day PM or full day camps. Campers will be transported to the fitness area at the end of the camp day and then brought back to the camp checkout area by 5:15 p.m. to be picked up.