Stephenson Down Under Recreation Center
In the fall of 2015 University Recreation has partnered with Housing & Residence Life to create the Stephenson Down Under Recreation Center. With over 7,500 square feet of new remodeled space in the Stephenson Complex, the Stephenson Down Under Recreation Center includes weight lifting and cardio equipment, two multipurpose group fitness and training rooms, and a small lounge. The weights and cardio space includes approximately 25 pieces of cardio equipment, 15 lifting stations, and stretching areas. The space is accessible by CougarCard to individuals who pay the Student Recreation Center mandatory fee or UREC elected membership.
HOURS OF OPERATION
|6:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.||3:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m.|
- Features 3,800 square feet of dedicated weights and cardio space – about one-fifth the size of similar space in the Student Recreation Center (SRC). It includes equipment similar to the SRC such as treadmills, ellipticals, and functional training equipment.
- Includes two multipurpose rooms for group fitness and training classes, all which will be comparable to current University Recreation offerings.
- We also provide a Women's only weight training area in one of our multipurpose rooms from 4:00-4:45pm Monday-Thursday.
- Located in Stephenson Complex on the lower level known as the Down Under.
- Access is included for University Recreation members (WSU students taking seven or more credits or anyone who elects to purchase a membership)