University Recreation playfields and outdoor spaces are currently closed due to poor air quality. At this time, the air quality is currently in the unhealthy range. If you have outdoor activities planned, please seek indoor alternatives until the air quality improves.
Stephenson Fitness Center
In the fall of 2015 University Recreation has partnered with Housing & Residence Life to create the Stephenson Fitness Center. With over 7,500 square feet of new remodeled space in the Stephenson Complex, the Stephenson Fitness Center includes weight lifting and cardio equipment, two multipurpose group fitness and training rooms, and a small lounge. The weights and cardio space includes approximately 25 pieces of cardio equipment, 15 lifting stations, and stretching areas. The space is accessible by CougarCard to individuals who pay the Student Recreation Center mandatory fee or UREC elected membership.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Features 3,800 square feet of dedicated weights and cardio space – about one-fifth the size of similar space in the Student Recreation Center (SRC). It includes equipment similar to the SRC such as treadmills, ellipticals, and functional training equipment.
- Includes two multipurpose rooms for group fitness and training classes, all which will be comparable to current University Recreation offerings.
- Located in Stephenson Complex on the lower level known as the Stephenson Fitness Center.
- Access is included for SRC Members (WSU students taking seven or more credits or anyone who elects to purchase a SRC Membership)
- Stephenson Fitness Center can be accessed from the ground level by using the sidewalks to the east of the building from the main desk